Wednesday 16 September 2009

Carsington - 04/09/09

Was in Derbyshire for my Nieces wedding, staying in Little Longstone near Bakewell and managed to get some fishing in. Had fished ladybower reservoir before and found it hard going. Carsington had a good write up and decided to have a go there (contemplated some river fishing but the rivers were brown).

Had an afternoon boat and fished the bay at anchor to the left of the lodge, manged a couple of swirls on a floater with nyphs, but after an decided to move around. Drifted from the island near the bird hide and had a real hard steady pull like only a brownie can. Afer a few minutes saw a lovely bronze flash and couldn't believe my luck - the fish was around 3.5lb. As I never had a net I tryed to hand it in to the boat, I held the leader, went to grab him, he spun and away he went!! I was devasted and highly pissed-off.... Fish had taken a cats booby on a Di5.

Noticed a couple of guys back drifting, so followed suit and had the odd pull, and lost a couple after a few seconds of them being hooked.

Eventually worked my way to the dam and on my first drift hooked another fish that felt like a brown - and it was! A little smaller at 3lb, played the fish right out and managed to get him in to the boat.

Photobucket


Carried on fishing the dam area and had two more rainbows, one of which I kept. Cant wait to get back and hopefully have a full day there.

Photobucket

No comments: